Tuesday, November 12, 2013

PyWidgets.com

http://www.pywidgets.com

While participating in a thread on http://tech-artists.org, it occurred to me that I am not the only one making custom little widgets for Maya and Qt in general.  I had an idea of a plugin type site to share all of our stuff with each other, thus minimizing wheel re-creation.

I was inspired by the Mootools Forge and liked how everything was read from a github repo.  The user just maintained that and the forge would do the rest.  It was just a way to see what stuff was out there.  What I don't like is that I have to have a github repo for every little thing.  There's no way in hell I'm setting up a repo for a spinbox with a slider attached!

So I figured these would be small enough that a github repo would be overkill and too much of a barrier.  If I want to share a widget, it should be pretty painless to do.  I am also learning AppEngine for shits n' giggles so this was a good project to learn with.  I also learned knockout.js, bootstrap, and a little jQuery which didn't hurt.

Anyhow here it is, feel free to send any bugs, problems, or suggestions to me.

The process to adding a widget is this:

  • Zip it all up
    • Include a README.md file with descriptions
    • Include any screenshots you'd like
  • Log in with your google id
  • Click Add Widget and add your zip file
For more information on how to add a widget or some tips on Qt in general, visit http://www.pywidgets.com/resources




No comments:

Post a Comment